Body Scans for Fitness / Health
Body Scans that are done for Fitness and Health purposes (like those that we offer at BodyScan Brisbane) are often known as Body Composition Scans – because they measure (among other things) the amount of bone, fat and muscle your body is made up of.
It is a simple, non-invasive scan, that takes less than 5 minutes.
Body scans provide an indication how healthy an individual is and provides a great baseline to gauge the effectiveness of exercise and training.
- Help you plan how to increase muscle mass and decrease fat: Body Scans allow you to see where you currently sit and how you can improve your overall body composition.
- Monitor visceral fat: for those concerned with the fat surrounding their organs body scans can help you with this.
- Find out how to control your weight within a healthy range. The body scan will let you know how much weight you need to gain or lose (if any) to maintain a normal and safe weight.
- You will also be able to uncover how many calories your body burns on basal metabolic level (how many calories your body burns in a normal day before exercise.) As well as how many calories you are recommended to consume.
When to get a body scan
For those who are looking to make a serious change to their body composition, it is recommended that body scans are completed every 4 weeks.
It is a very good idea to get a body scan when starting a new gym or workout program, and again at the end of the program or around 4-6 weeks after starting a new gym.
What information will you receive
- Skeletal Muscle & Fat Mass Analysis: how much of each you carry and if it sits within a healthy range.
- Obesity Analysis: See your BMI and body fat percentage and if they sit in a healthy range.
- Segmental Analysis: a break down of each area of the body and the muscle: fat ratio.
- Weight Control: recommendations on how to control your weight within a healthy range.